|Coaching Services | eZine & Books | How-to Videos | This-n-That | Inner Samurai Blog | About Us|
Sign Up for Our Free eZine
Current Issue of Launch You!
This Week's Featured Article
This Week's Featured Video
If you had only one goal, and that was to feel good, you would live successfully, happily and in a way of fulfilling your life's purpose-ever after.
Back to main category
Seven Inner Practices for the Soul in Career Transition CrisisSusan L Reid
Have you been waking up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat, panicked about your future and the future of your career?
Is your stomach tied up in knots as you wonder if you’re going to be able to make things work out? Is your mind racing as you contemplate options, unsure about where to go from here? Do you find yourself wistfully thinking about the way your work life used to be and wondering how you might go back? If so, then you are in the middle of a career transition crisis.
Seven Inner Practices to Help You Through Your Career Transition Crisis
1. Trust that everything in your life is unfolding exactly as it is meant to be. Spend as little time as possible asking why or looking for answers. Trust and know.
2. Stay in charge of your happiness. Understand that you determine your happiness—not someone or something outside you.
3. Make your inner voice the predominant voice you listen to. Turn to others for support. Turn inward for guidance. Not the other way around.
4. Remain unattached to outcome. Fretting about the future or worrying about the past keep you attached. Stop doing both, and you’ll be surprised at the number of doors that open, pathways that light up, and possibilities that present themselves to you.
5. Stay connected. Don’t allow your fears to multiply by isolating yourself. Remain in contact with family and friends who support your vision, and stay involved with leisure activities that you enjoy.
6. Meditate and practice yoga, Tai Chi or Qi Gong to center and ground yourself, increase your energy, and sooth your psyche.
7. Avoid jumping into anything new too soon. Go slowly. When your life is disrupted by a transition—even one you initiate—it takes time to adjust to the new reality. Use that time to reflect and think about what is really best for you.
Getting in touch with your inner voice and allowing it to guide you will put you back in the driver’s seat and turn your career crisis into a career transformation.
Copyright ©2011 by Susan L. Reid, DMA
Dr. Susan L. Reid is a Small Business Expert and Business Catalyst for spiritually conscious women starting up businesses. She is the award-winning author of Discovering Your Inner Samurai: The Entrepreneurial Woman's Journey to Business Success.If you're interested in finding out more about what steps you can take to ensure your lasting business success, then get instant access to your own free copy of Turn Your Business Dreams Into Reality Toolkit at http://YourSamuraiBusiness.com.
Home | Contact Us | e-Zine | Discovering Your Inner Samurai | Blog | Site Map
Susan L. Reid, DMA
Intuitive Small Business Solutions
P.O. Box 246
Penn Laird, VA 22846
Located in the heart of the beautiful Shenandoah Valley
Copyright © 2006-2013 Alkamae. All rights reserved.
This site powered by Intuitive Websites